Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weeks And Weeks Of Happiness

My but I've been busy. A summary of the Happy Thoughts of the last two weeks.

  • My wonderful niece Ashley was born. I got to meet her when she was 4 days old and still in the NICU. She is wonderful and precious. I'm betting most of you have seen the pics by now :) I got to hold her and I just fell in love. She stayed in the NICU for a week and came out like a champ. She's now home with Mommy and Grandma and her big brother Buster (a Boston Terrier :) and I can't wait to go see her and love her and hug her and squeeze her again.
  • At long last my quest for a form of exercise has finally ended successfully with the discovery of Zumba. It's a mix of cardio and Latin dance and it's super fun and a great workout. I worked so hard in Monday's class, today is the first day I've been able to walk properly again. I joined the Y and I'll be going 3 times a week. I can bring a guest for $8 if you ever want to try it :)
  • I got my iPhone. I love it. I don't know how I lived with out it. I love Peter for handing his down to me. He's a saint. 'Nuff said
  • The band has been working feverishly recording a new EP and it is fantastico, at least all the early tracks I've heard, and guaranteed to only get better. I even got to go to the studio last night and sing backup on a few tracks. I can't wait for it to come out!
  • Kris and I had a really nice weekend together. Probably the last we'll have for a LONG time, but we made the most of it. We went to our last game at Yankee Stadium (thanks to my sister's bf for the tix!) and got to see a pretty great game against the Royals. It went 5 hours, 13 innings, but we finally won it 3-2. We ate junk and yelled cheers and hand a great time. The following day was our anniversary - 4 years. Wow. Feels like forever and like only a minute at the same time. We spent the day lazy, hanging out outside and cooking really nice food and just enjoying each other's company. It was near perfect.
  • Good things are in the works for us. I'm not talking about it publicly just yet, but something totally awesome is about to happen. Promise I'll tell you guys as soon as I can. In the meantime, just be excited for us.

No comments: