I have been a busy girl with not much time for happiness. Working 2 jobs, producing a play, supporting a band, it just doesn't leave much time for anything. So I am trying to appreciate the things I do have that make me happy, such as:
- Zumba. It makes me feel good, it's good for me. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the sweat, at least not yet. Sometimes I feel like I'd rather not go. But afterwards I ALWAYS feel better. I always have a good time and I always feel proud of myself for doing something to make me strong and healthy.
- New pants! The other day I went to get dressed and once again faced the fact that, with cold weather coming on, I have only one pair of jeans suitable for everyday wear that still fits and I work in a very casual office. But instead of lamenting and trying to work around it, I just went online, found some sales and ordered some new damn jeans. Saving money is one thing, but not having enough clothes to wear day to day is another. And it felt good for me to spend that money on myself, to realize that saving for the house is important, but my own comfort and happiness is also just as important.
- FOOTBALL! As in every season, I won't get to see my team play every week, but it is a free form of entertainment and socializing and I intend at least to see every nationally televised game, maybe also catching a few others at a local bar.
- Kris. The limited time I do get to spend with him is always quality. He takes good care of me and he makes me laugh and in a hard time, that is one of the most valuable things a girl could ask for. He is also being a great relief to me, taking care of a lot of the household duties we would usually split more evenly but I now have less time for because of my schedule.
- My birthday. It gets me excited every year and I think this year I'm looking especially forward to it because, well because it's a guaranteed good thing to look forward to. I may be busy and crazy and stressed and sleep deprived for much of the time, but I know that time will be filled with happiness and love because of all the wonderful people in my life.
Time to go to bed now. I hope you are as lucky as I am to have such wonderful happy thoughts to send you off to bed with.