- Working on plays again has been great. Even when it's tough, long hours or cranky casts or whatever, it's been great. I'm happy. I'm enjoying what I'm doing. I'm learning a LOT. I have a lot of energy. I feel good about my days and when I'm doing something else and it's sucking, I have rehearsal to look forward to. You should come see the shows, next weekend June 4th-7th, at the Looking Glass Theatre.
- From connections I've made at this gig, I have one, potentially two more gigs lined up for the rest of the summer. I'm a little worried I've got too much on my plate, but I think it'll be OK. I'm happy to be making so many connections and impressing people enough that they want to work with me again. I'm also starting to see ways for me to do more, to educate myself more, and to write and direct plays eventually.
- The wedding arrangements are not as set in stone as I would like. We have come as far as choosing a place we like, but we have yet to arrive at a contract agreeable to all parties. It's frustrating. We may have to compromise our plans, which makes me sad, because I feel like a lesser person when I can't have the thing I want because of money. But I remind myself we are getting married and it's going to be great, no matter what.
- Had a lovely Memorial Day weekend. Had a lot of time off from work and only a little rehearsal. Got to see friends, family, and Kris. Ate a little too much, but whaddya gonna do?
- My dieting kick has...changed. On the one hand, I am still TRYING to do the best I can with WW. On the other hand, being out of the house all day long and sometimes the food options I plan for myself falling through has made this whole process more costly and sometimes not as successful. I didn't weigh myself last week, 'cause I'm afraid I gained. I haven't been able to get to the gym very much and the fact that that bothers me actually makes me pretty glad, at least. My body has changed to the point where it wants exercise. I'm thinking I might have to alter my plans and just go on maintenance for a little while (i.e. try not to gain any, instead of trying to lose more) because my life just might be a little too full for weight loss right now. I have lost 10 or 12 pounds. I want to lose a little more, but that may not be possible right now and I'm pretty happy with what I've done so far.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
I said I was gonna be hard to find and I meant it. I've been up to quite a bit.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
...you may find it very difficult to find me. I have joined the ranks of my friends with ultra-busy schedules from school or a band or what-have-you. As of now, I have my rehearsal schedule for both shows I'm working on and now know exactly what I'll be doing every day of my life for the next 30 or so, and also throughout parts of June as well. I'm going to be at rehearsal a lot. I'm not going to see Kris much. I'm not going to see the inside of the gym much either, so I hope I can get a lot of walking in. Amazingly, I will have time to visit the two finalists we're still considering as wedding venues and by the time this whole deal is over, I will not only have been an AD/SM for two one act plays, but also set a date and signed a contract with a reception venue (because I'm awesome).
It's gonna be a whirlwind. The internet, as usual, is the best place to catch me. I will also be free, possibly single, and definitely in need of drinks most weekend nights.
I had a momentary freakout yesterday, thinking that I had once again taken too much onto my plate, but as it turns out, know that I know when everything is, I think it's gonna be OK. And I know it's gonna be fun.