Friday, September 3, 2010

The End/The Beginning

Yesterday was my last day at work and it pretty much went the way any other day would. Joked with some of my coworkers, got some work done, got pretty bored and had to kill a lot of time (thank God for the massive distraction that was all the content surrounding 9.02.10 day). There were tearful goodbyes and cleaning out of computer files. And then, I went home.

I would have thought the night after my last day of work would be my darkest hour. But in a brilliantly-timed move, our wedding photographer had sent a disc of all our pictures that arrived yesterday, so we got to spend a while looking at hundreds of pictures of happier times and being reminded of how much love we are surrounded by. We are truly very lucky people, a thing you never think you'll say on the day you AND your husband are both officially unemployed. The pictures, a couple of beers, and a whole chicken on the grill and I managed to get through the night with only one meltdown.

And now it's today. And I am Unemployed. And I know what to do, obviously, but at the same time, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm taking the weekend to collect myself, process this, and just get used to functioning on this level. Thanks to everyone for all the support and love and Hi to any new readers from facebook. It's gonna be hard. But I'm gonna be OK. And I'm probably gonna keep writing right here, so stick around.

No comments: