Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Howdy, Stranger

When I opened this blog up to find out just how long it had been since my last post, I did not expect the answer to be "almost two entire years." I don't know what I did expect it to be, but that sounds like a lot.

Welcome back, anybody who's still out there.

For the uninitiated, a quick catch-up. Since last time, a lot's happened, but it boils down to this. Kris and I both found jobs in early 2011 and we've both been at them since. He's happy and progressed a long way in his job. My journey has been more complicated. Probably more on that later.

I've been pretty introspective lately, trying to figure out how to be happier, as I find myself unhappy a much larger portion of the time than I'm OK with. Several (brilliant) people in my life, suggested I might need to return to writing. Nothing big. Just a bit. Just for the fun of it.

And then I remembered how I used to have a blog that I used to write all the time. And that the initial point of that blog was to recognize all the the things in my life that were good; the happy little thoughts that make you fly. Apparently the need to find happiness is a recurring theme for me.

And so I'm back (and don't you dare burst into strains of "I Will Survive"). I can't yet say whether I'll keep it up or what I'll write about, but for the moment I am here and I can say that it feels good to be back.

No comments: