Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Getting Better

Hmm, I thought it had been a while since my last post, but it's only been a week. Probably just feels longer because I've been so busy. 

Since my last post, I've been sick for a week. Better now, after an almost comical saga with the healthcare industry, wherein I accidentally made an appointment at a Spanish-speaking doctor's office with incompetent employees that made it feel like going to the doctor in Guatemala. But I got my meds and am feeling better.

And, as I am feeling better, so too is our country. My family and I and my friends and just about everybody I know is thrilled about the results of the election. I refrained from talking politics before the election because I dislike arguing over politics, it's just one of those things where in most cases, no one's mind will be changed. But I was for Obama the whole time and I couldn't be happier or prouder of our country. Of course, as Sars says "This is not over." but the country cast a vote for hope and hope it shall have.

It's been hectic with the second job and the play opening this weekend. (By the way, the play opens this weekend. You should go see it.) We're having Thanksgiving at our house this year and even though it's over two weeks away, it feels very close because there's so much to do. But it's OK because most of the stuff is cool and I'm looking forward to it. In general, and especially since recovering from being sick and savoring feeling healthy again, I'm a happy girl.

No comments: