Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Proposed Turkey Day Menu

Two posts in two days. I know, wow, right?

I just sent my project launch emails and need something to take my mind off the fear that there is some minor mistake therein that will cause me to look stupid to my writers or some major mistake that will create a lot more work for me. So I've been thinking about my Thanksgiving Day menu and I thought I'd bounce it off the internet to see what it thinks. Let me know. This is just a 1st draft.

Lite Lunch 
fresh salad of mesclun mix, goat cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts
seafood soup of some sort (a bisque of crab perhaps? Something lite)

Appetizers
Sarah's Famous Pumpkin Pie Dip
Sweet Potato Puffs (if there is such a thing) (this will help account for the switch from yams to regular potatoes during the meal)

Dinner
Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Jellied Cranberries
Corn Pudding
Buttermilk biscuits

Dessert
Apple Pie (some fancier version than the kind I usually make)

I'm hoping this menu incorporates everything my family members are used to, some familiar things for those who are newer to our Thanksgiving table, and some new things I'd like to see added to the day. Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Lauryn said...

You are so brave. I can't believe you are doing thanksgiving this year!
The menu looks good. I see a few things missing that my family would have, but everybody's family is different.

I actually have a favorite I like to bring for thanksgiving that I learned from Liam's family. Sweet potato with marshmellows. In my mom's family, somebody always makes green bean casserole (green beans, french onion crunshies, and mushroom soup).

Let me know if you want more info on how to make said items!