Friday, February 27, 2009

100+

Back on January 20th, Inauguration Day, there was another, smaller and much less significant event than the swearing in of our 44th president. 

This blog reached 100 posts. 

I didn't really notice it until now, 10 posts later, and even now that I've realized it, it doesn't seem like that big a deal. I guess the positive way to look at that is that I have so much going on in my life, that I didn't even notice a landmark like 100 posts. Maybe it's just because I've been blogging forever (9 years on and off, and every single post about absolutely nothing :)

But in the blogging world, when your blog reaches 100 posts, I suppose it's like a birthday. It should be celebrated. And I am proud of this blog. I am proud of myself for continuously blogging for a purpose for over 100 posts. I started this blog in November of 2007 with a specific idea. I wanted to stay positive and to use this as a tool to help me focus on the positive. Even on the days when I felt like life sucked and I just wanted to open a blog window and scream out to the internet about all my problems, I forced myself to follow the intention of this blog, to think happy thoughts, to focus on the positive and feel better. 

Almost a year and a half later, I feel like it's worked. Sure, I still complain, all of us do. But I catch myself when I start to do nothing but complain and it's a reflex for me to find the good in a situation. Whether or not this development has to do with my blogging, who knows? But I know at least that it started here. And that it will continue here as long as happy things happen in my life, no matter how big or small. 

Thanks for reading, everybody. Knowing you're out there helps me stay positive too. Here's to another 100 posts :)

No comments: