Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Getting Good

Things have decidedly settled since my last post. The first weekend of the show is over and done with. People keep asking me how it went and all I can muster is a 'fine,' which is true. It was fine. I did  have those super, opening night jitters, that was fun, but I think it was more of a reflex than actually being excited. It may just be that because I have been in the cast for such a short time, I haven't had enough time to become emotionally invested in the show. It may be that the show itself is kind of a dinky show and I have really only bonded with half the cast. It may be that I am So. Over. Acting. Either way, this feels more like work than anything. Not entirely un-fun work, but I'll be glad when I can get back to doing what I want to do.

That being said, the show has gone well, been received well, and been fun overall to do. I hope more people will come see it. I guess no matter what I'm doing, I'll always be desperate for others' approval :)

Work has been boring, though I may finally get to work on a decent solid project starting very soon. Things have been slowly turning around financially. And there are some fun things up on the horizon, including a weekend away, a long overdue Meet the Family BBQ on Memorial Day weekend, and Kris's sister's baby shower.

In general, things have been OK. Good, even, and getting better. Life, like the weather, is improving.

Happy Thoughts:
  • Check out my new favorite band, Orba Squara. You've probably heard their stuff on a commercial, for iPhone or for Flat Earth Veggie Chips. They're neat. It's rare when I get to discover a new band, independent of anyone I know.
  • I am in for a fun night. First, I will go shopping at the store where everything's on sale for no more than $8.98. Then, I will try a new kind of cuisine. And at long last I will get to hear my really most favorite band (plus this guy) at a new venue (for them). It's been too long since I got to see my man drum. It's gonna be a good night.

No comments: