Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Anti-Kvetch

Today's Word of the Day on Dictionary.com is kvetch /KVECH/, adjective: to complain habitually. Irony amuses me. Which gives me another happy thought (see number 6 below). It also makes me happy to know I've created a completely unusual blog, one who's purpose is the opposite of the usual blog; not to kvetch, but to think happy thoughts.

I know it's early, but this would seem to be working. 24 hours of positive thinking, and despite this morning's commuters being as surly and rude as any other day, they didn't bother me a bit.

Today's Happy Thoughts
  • When I was making coffee this morning, the sunrise was beautiful. Nice to see the sun for the first time in a few days. And the coffee, a new blend I'm trying, was delicious.
  • I woke up on time, allowing me to not rush and look great today!
  • Got another platinum medal on Big Brain Academy on the train this morning.
  • The Steelers won last night!
  • As I walked to work, I put my iPod on random. It's currently loaded with my Christmas music. It picked a couple of the best songs to make me smile and walk into work in a good mood.
  • I just remembered this shirt which always makes me smile as do this one, this one, and this one. Any or all of these would make excellent Christmas gifts. In girlie, size M. Or, you know, for other people. Glarkware in general makes me happy.

No comments: