Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Think of a Wonderful Thought

Peter Pan taught us that with one happy thought and a little fairy dust, we can fly.

I have been a negative person, but I never realized how much. The other day, I had some crap happen to me and I was so focused on it, I completely forgot some wonderful things that happened. It made me realize that I do not focus on the positive in life. And that I need to. So I started today. And then I had an idea.

What if I had a blog, where I
post my happy thoughts? It would help me to keep track of them, give me a place to go with them, remind me of them, and be a wonderful way for me to cheer myself up when I'm down.

Why do you care? Well, most likely, if you're reading this, you're like me and some of the things that make me happy, make you happy too. And some of those happy things, you may not have even known about, so you might learn a thing of two.

So welcome to You Can Fly. A place for happy thoughts. Feel free to let mine lift you up and post your own happy thoughts in the comments.

Today's Happy Thoughts
  • I'm getting entered in the bulk gift card contest at the store, because my office needs to buy gift cards in bulk. I could win a trip!
  • I got another platinum medal in Big Brain Academy on the train ride home.
  • I got to work with Doug, probably my favorite cafe co-worker, and he shared his Wawa iced tea with me. Mmmm, delicious!
  • I got a wicked AWESOME grilled cheese with bacon, french fries, and a coke for lunch, for only $6! In Manhattan!
  • I had an idea for a cool blog.
It's been a good day. Let's have many more to follow.

No comments: