Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Afternoon Delight

Sadly, not like that.

Today's Happy Thoughts:
  • I took the plunge. I signed up for a course at Gotham Writer's Workshop. Hopefully, this is where it begins, this journey towards an actual career in the entertainment industry. At least it will be fun, I will learn, and I will follow my resolution to Write. All the time. And also, they called me quite quickly to confirm my enrollment, giving me a feeling of professionalism I never got from The School of Lies, my former foray into Adult Education.
  • I'm giving my notice at the bookstore tonight. And because I have extreme empathy for my boss and feel very badly about leaving her, it's very important that I remember the positives. I will have all my nights and weekends to myself and no longer be held hostage by an as -yet-unmade schedule. I will not be on my feet for 5-8 hours at a time. I will not be abused by haughty customers. I will not be subject to the immaturity most of my coworkers exhibit. I will have freedom once again to do all that I want with my life. And for Chrissakes, I can still get a discount if I join the member program, it just won't  be quite as big. 

No comments: