Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Year of God, I'm Awesome

Happy New Year to all!!!!

As is usual in the holiday season, things have gotten away from me and I haven't posted. And there's no point in going back and rehashing the last two and a half weeks on my blog. Suffice it to say the holidays were great, full of love and fun. Work has been good, life has been great, and there's more to come. 

This positivity train I've been on has been really good for me the last few months. It's helped me deal with the bad, appreciate the good, and assess the past in a valuable way. I won't say it's a "resolution" to keep it up, it's just something I'm going to be doing this year, like eating healthier, exercising, and improving my home. If any positivity is resolved I would say it's about myself. I resolve to be more positive about myself, hence the year of God, I'm Awesome (as yoinked from the fellas at Rifftrax). I really am  happy about everything in my life and really grateful for and excited about the year to come. So, for the first day of the year...

Today's Happy Thoughts:

  • I got put in charge of a project at my job, meaning that in 6 weeks I have proven myself capable. I am now allowed to keep track of and organize components of a project at many stages, without being needlessly scrutinized, as I have unnecessarily and insulting been at some other jobs. Not only does being trusted with this make me feel good about myself, but also being in charge of organizing shit is kind of what I do best. Yay!
  • I am VERY excited for the writing class I will be taking, starting in two weeks. My most important actual resolution is Write. All the time. And I start to feel more and more that while acting is not enough for me and directing may just be a little too much for me yet, that I really do love the writing, the creating the story. So it's time for me to pursue that something that I love in a real way and make a go of it.
  • For no particular reason other than it's good, I'm really happy about my relationship. Sometimes the maturity with which Kris and I handle each other is absolutely astounding. Little things that would make other couples fight, we just acknowledge, accept and try to deal with. We very much appreciate each other and never take each other for granted. I could not ask for a better partner in my journey through this life. There is no one better for me than the man I love and I am very lucky he loves me back.
  • Let it never be said that I don't appreciate what I have. I really really enjoy all the great presents I got for Christmas and look forward to playing with them and getting tons of use out of them.
I wish a very happy, positive, and fruitful year to everyone I know and love. You are awesome, too.

No comments: