Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blast from the Past

Wow. So a couple of years ago, I decided that the path to the movies for me went through being a P.A. It worked for a little bit, I did a few jobs, made a few connections, even got paid and got to work on a real TV show that people had heard of. One of the connections I made then got me a job on a real actual movie as a Talent Coordinator. What the hell even is that? I still don't know. But I moved down to the Jersey Shore for a month and I worked my ass off and spent some of the time bored as hell. I had a lot of fun at sometimes and other times I cried and cried and cried. A little because it was a low-budget indie where things were always crazy and sometimes some people didn't have any idea what they were doing but mostly because that's just how movies are. Anyway, it was after working on this movie that I decided to give up on being a PA. I felt I was just taking abuse and not getting anywhere useful. I thought, I just need to write and make my own movies, not waste my energy on someone else's. And that's what I've been trying to do, ever since.

I've often thought about that movie. I wondered what ever happened to it and if it would ever see the light of day. And as it turns out, it looks like it will.

Happy Thoughts:
  • That self-same film, the first I'd ever worked on from start to finish, will be screened next month at the Garden State Film Festival in Asbury Park. April 5th, 8:15 pm. I don't know about you, but I'm going. Partly to see how the torturous shoot turned out and partly to see my name in the credits of someone else's movie. Wanna come? I'm not thinking it'll be Scorcese or anything, but...it'll be cool.
  • If you want to watch something shorter from the comfort of your own home, try this. This video is dedicated to Mandazzo.
  • Vote in the poll to pick the best Spitzer headline.
  • Oh yeah! OMG! I have business cards. I feel like Steve Martin in The Jerk. I'm SOMEBODY.

No comments: