Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Kermit the Blog

Maybe you saw Ellen Page's mono-blog on SNL last week. No? Here. I'll wait. 

Whether or not you thought it was funny (I did) I think it's kind of brilliant. They're not really making fun of Diablo Cody. (OK, maybe they are a little bit. No offense, but Andy Samberg in drag makes for a pretty horsey lady.) I think they were satirizing what Diablo Cody's Juno script was painfully aware of.

People today speak a completely different language. No, no one actually says "What the blog are you blogging about, Sonic the Hedgeblog?" That's what's called exaggeration for comedic effect and on that note will everyone please get off Diablo Cody's back? But she really hit the nail on the head with the fact that anyone over the age of...(have to be careful as I'm getting up there myself) say, 40, wouldn't get it. It's accurate. It's real. And that's why I love her and I hope she has a lot more success in Hollywood.

Also, I have become obsessed with this.

Virus Buster

Kris tells me I am just lucky that I didn't discover this when I was in school. It's a career-ruining kind of game. AND I  CAN'T STOP PLAYING.

No comments: